I am quite satisfied with the presentation I did. But
unfortunately I didn't have time to prepare it as much as I wanted to. Even
though I managed to deliver what I wanted. I think I could do that because I'm quite
comfortable and calm when I present something.
The slides I had in my presentation were good and were
connected with what I had to say. The slides were easy to follow and not too
much text to read for the audience and some pictures that made the slides more
interesting. These pictures were not just picture to make it more interesting;
I implemented all pictures with a purpose and used them in my presentation.
My oral part of the presentation was good, I didn't stumble
and I spoke clearly. Compared to the previous presentation I used some slightly
different tones which was a small improvement. I think I had eye contact with
all people that listened to the presentation.
Some bad things in my presentation were that I should
be more enthusiastic and show more engagement. I need to show that I really
believe in what I'm talking about. I also need to develop my body language and
use more different tones, thus I will make it more interesting to listen to. I
can also improve and have more eye contact with the audience, for example stop
at every person for a short while instead of looking around all the time.
Hi Patrick!
SvaraRaderaI felt that you were a good presenter! I noticed that you improved based on the feedback we have you during the mock interview so that was nice to see. It was encouraging to see you add more tones to your speech and heightening your enthusiasm levels. Even though you said you should have been more enthusiastic, i felt it was a big improvement from the mock interviews.
I liked your pictures to used in your slides the links drawn from the pictures, for eg. the picture with the woman distributing rice to the crowd. It was a good analogy pertaining to issue of the mentor-mentee ratio.
With regards to your post, I liked how you mentioned that you needed to develop better eye contact with the audience, for example stop at every person for a short while instead of looking around all the time. I think that really requires high level of skill but it's something all of us in the class should think about and eventually learn to pick up, as I don't any of us were able to do that.
All the best in your future presntations!
Gwen
Hi Patrik,
SvaraRaderaI felt that you did a good job for your presentation! You exhibited confidence during the presentation and you had good eye contact with the audience. As for the tone, my view is that we don't have to deliberately use different tones throughout the presentation because if we do it inappropriately, it will sound awkward. Thus I feel that your tone is fine. Perhaps, like you mentioned, you can work on increasing your enthusiasm level.
I hope that you have enjoyed the experience in this project like I did. Although our group did not have the best mix of horoscopes, we still worked very well as a team!
Cheers,
Jestina
Hi Patrik!
SvaraRaderaLike Gwen and Jestina, I think you did a great job with the presentation. I, too, feel that you have shown a huge improvement in your tone compared to the mock interview. I agree with you that the presentation slides should not include too many unnecessary pictures with little relevance, and I agree that the pictures you used for your slides were all of relevance to your content. It was obvious that you had confidence and you were in control of your content.
Personally, I thought you appeared a little 'scary' because you were extremely serious. It might be better to show a little bit of soft skills to 'connect' with the audience. It can be one way to bring out more enthusiasm and appeal. Overall, I think you gave a strong presentation. Well done!
Hi Patrik!
SvaraRaderaFrom my part of view, your presentation was quite good. You where calm, talked with a good voice and your pronunciation was good. You had good eye contact, I can keep on going forever, but you did not convinced the audience. Just as you mention in your blogpost. You need to be less serious, tell a joke or a story. Something to make it less serious. As part from that, I liked your presentation!
Hey teammate!
SvaraRaderaIt was good working with you! And that is actually an understatement. Your input into our presentations was great. Your comments were always spot on. Congratulations on the presentation!
Johanna has a valid point. You have to be more convincing and more firm in pushing forth your ideas. This would be all the more important since, if I recall correctly, your wish to be on the managing board of some engineering firm in the future. Being more assertive will let you influence more on the board and also your subordinates. This would add an additional element to make your presentations all the more dynamic.
That being said, I feel that you calmness is really something to aspire towards. Would be great if you can share with us a tip or two on how you maintain your composure so well.
Lastly, I have brought up a few points on my blog on my own presentation and would really appreciate if you took some time to comment. Would love to hear what you have to say.
Cheers,
Hakeem
Hi Patrik,
SvaraRaderaThank you for a wonderful post! I appreciate your honesty in pointing out your weaknesses in the presentation. I agree that you should focus on not being too monotonic, and try to be more energetic with your content. As part of the audience, I remember you being very confident during your presentation. You did not stutter, which a lot of us do unconsciously. Despite your accent, I could understand your words very clearly, and your ideas were very nicely presented.
I wish you good luck for your future presentations!
Cheers,
Nirav